Many products run into ethical dilemmas around their data practices. Here are some questions to ask:
- What data do you plan to collect?
- Do your customers understand that you’ll be collecting that data?
- Do your customers understand how you’ll be using that data?
- Are you planning to share that data with third parties? If yes, how are those third parties planning to use that data?
- If your customers fully understood how you planned to use their data, would they be okay with it?
— Continuous Discovery Habits: Discover Products that Create Customer Value and Business Value by Teresa Torres